To continue on with this chocolate frenzy we have another chocolatey recipe.
These. are. the. best. chocolate. cookies. EVER.
Chocolate heaven right there.
Each bite is a burst of flavour. Lots and lots of chocolate flavour. Gooey chocolate chips, soft chocolatey middle. One cookie can satisfy even the biggest of chocolate cravings. We seem to have a lot of those…
Triple Chocolate Cookies
From Sarah Snacks
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (we used milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine ground flax seeds and water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars (I used a hand mixer). Add flax mixture and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In small batches, add the dry ingredients into the wet mixing well with each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart. Press down a little on each ball of cookie dough to flatten it so that each cookie will spread evenly while baking
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Patience is a virtue to be practiced with these cookies. Once they come out of the oven they are HOT (to be expected). Let them cool for a bit, trust us the chocolate chips will still be gooey and drippy after cooling.
Denise and I tried them with a tiny sprinkle of sugar on top (because more sugar=better right? At least in baking I think that’s the point haha).
We taste tested these on a friend after a day of sitting out and she had the same reaction we did as if they were fresh out of the oven. So even as time goes on these cookies still pack a punch of flavour and softness. Throw in a glass of milk, kick up your feet, grab a cookie, and you’re good to go. What better way to spend a Friday night and it’s totally normal to spend Friday nights eating cookies and milk when you’re 21 right?
Until Next Time,
Denise and Laura