Boy, do we have a treat for you today.
And today we had all the ingredients on hand! Yippie. Except when we decided to start baking this morning we realized that…we didn’t have any batteries for our camera!
Laura took a quick bike ride to the nearest variety store and off we went…
To make one of the BEST cupcakes EVER! (Which is a HUGE deal because chocolate wasn’t involved)
Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
By Susanna Tee, “Cupcakes”
4 tbsp butter
1 1/8 brown sugar
1/2 crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 5/8 All purpose flower
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 Cup full fat soft cream cheese
2 tbsp butter (softened)
2 Cups confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Oil muffin pan (or put cupcake holders in)
3. Put butter, sugar, and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together until well mixed. Gradually add eggs beating well after each addition then add the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Add milk and mix well. Spoon the batter into the cases.
4. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 25mins or until well-risen and golden brown. Transfer to let cool.
1. Put cream and butter in a large bowl and using a whisk beat together until smooth. Sift the confectioner’s sugar into the mixture and beat together until well-mixed.
2. When the cupcakes are cooled, spread frosting on cupcakes. Store the cupcakes in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Let’s be real anything is better with coffee. ANYTHING.
Well, there you have it. A truly worthwhile endeavor. Please enjoy with a cup of coffee (or milk) and a piece of chocolate. Heaven 😉
Until next time!
Denise and Laura