It’s the Italian flag! A total coincidence that made a simple lunch even more delicious.
In two days it will be January first and our plans for the new year involve going to Toronto with some friends to celebrate. As we sat trying to decide what to bake for the new year we were kind of stumped actually. What seems to be a New Year’s treat (other then alcohol of course ?
Months and moons ago we had written a post about our June goals. Running was the main goal that month and we’re glad to report that we were extremely successful with that one. We had gone on lovely morning runs twice a week. We can be quite dedicated when we set our minds to it. However, when the summer seemed to get busier our fitness goals fell by the wayside, a completely natural effect. However, it’s January and we do have some fitness goals that we would like to renew. Denise wants to get back into the gym more regularly, so does Laura, who also wants to renew her love for yoga with a little more dedication this year. How do we plan to make this happen you may ask?
Well, our plan goes as follows:
1. Always schedule in gym time (ALWAYS). Otherwise it becomes too easier to skip
2. Work out with a buddy (We share a room, when the alarm goes off in the morning we both know we have to get up, especially if its a gym day).
3. Love your workouts. It’s simple, if you hate it you won’t want to do it.
4. Workout close to where you live. Fortunately, we have a gym a few floors down of our apartment, which makes for a ridiculously easy “commute” to the gym.
5. Spend some time outdoors. Fresh air invigorates and energizes, a few moments outsides wakes ya up and gets you moving.
6. Never workout hungry. Nothing like feeling hungry and sluggish to ruin a workout!
7. Get motivated. Sometimes all you need is to pump yourself up a bit and channel that awesome feeling you get after a good workout.
8. Rest. Necessary for muscle repair and sanity.
Obviously, we are not professionals in this field but we are smart when it comes to working out. Clearly, we love to bake and experiment in the kitchen but that is only a small part of our healthy lifestyles. Baking brings us joy and so does maintaining a balanced lifestyle in general. We truly believe that exercise important to our studies and definitely worth our time. We’ll talk more about out specific goals soon too. And maybe a bit about what we are studying in school even because what we are studying largely shapes how we approach our lifestyle choices. We’re kind of nerds because we LOVE what we learn so much.
To end this kind of random post with something baked…
Cupcakes that we made YEARS ago when we started to really enjoy baking together. It works, Denise knows how to actually bake things and Laura likes to take pictures and write about them. Tag teaming it all the way.
Anyway, until next time!
Denise and Laura